Statement of Faith
As an Evangelical Church, we subscribe to the doctrinal Basis of Faith of the Evangelical Alliance. This links us to over 3000 member churches in the UK with over 500,000 members.
A copy of this statement can be requested from the office, or click to view it here.
Beyond that statement we have a list of ten values which would help to define our Church.
1. The authority of the Bible as the Word of God in declaring the only way to salvation and principles of church life.
2. Water baptism is for all believers as a public declaration of their faith in Christ. It is required for membership.
3. Baptism in the Holy Spirit brings a genuine release of the power of God to believers, linked to New Testament spiritual gifts.
4. Church membership involves each person taking an active role in the local church and making a financial commitment to it.
5. The active involvement of children and young people in the life of the church.
6. The oversight and direction of the local church is exercised by the Elders, in conjunction with the wider leadership team.
7. A commitment to pastoral care which seeks to equip individual believers to fulfil the calling God has for their lives and demonstrate the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
8. A recognition of the value of travelling ministries to equip and support local churches.
9. A wide ranging approach to evangelism through personal friendship, social groupings, small groups, gospel preaching and working for social justice.
10. A recognition that we are only a tiny part of the wider Body of Christ. We seek to relate to and encourage all true believers.